Why become a member? ×

ESP Ltd. B206 6-string FS/FT

jamesf

I bought this ESP Ltd 6 string off a basschatter in january this year, and have used it as my main bass since. I've slowly migrated back to the 4-bangers though in the past couple of months, and as fun and challenging as the 6 strings have been, I find it more fun with 4 strings, and my terribly dodgy back likes the weight of an SB300 much better.

Basswood body, flame maple top, matt gold hardware, ESP pickups, active with 3 band EQ, pickup blend and master level control. EQ is surprisingly flexible and powerful, there's a few tones in there but it mostly does rock/metal tones like a guddun. Rosewood fretboard, fretted, and I've recently done the 'board with ernie ball fretboard conditioner so it looks fantastic. The neck is 24 fret, 5 piece maple and walnut, with twin truss rods which give quite a lot of relief. The action doesn't go super-flat (at least not in my mediocre hands), but it's wonderfully playable and the d-profile neck is very comfortable, took me about 6 hours to get used to it after the super-thin neck of the bass collection. The EQ handles detuning to A nicely with no farting out, the bass is quite middy when set flat, but this helps it cut through the mix, and it's easy to dial it out. Sounded epic with my LMII, and sounds downright dirty through my Trace. Hasn't been played for a few weeks, and the strings might need changing if you like it super-zingy.

Comes with excellent fitted ESP hard case in fake-leather type material. There's a few dings and scratches from playing, most of them came with the bass to me, and I've looked after it nicely. Some minor buckle rash and a couple of marks in the fretboard, but nothing to worry about. side-mounted jack plate, in matching matt-gold. string spacing is about 16mm, and the fret markers are either abalone or something which looks remarkably similar; they're very pretty anyway. This bass weighs very slightly more than my stingray.

If you'd like to know anything else about it, please either PM me, post in the thread or both, I'll try and check it as often as I can. I paid £350 for it in January and would ideally like to get this back, but would consider trades+cash for a 5-string sgc nanyo bass collection (something like an sb305) pref. in black, a sansamp BDDI or similar dirtifier. Offers considered, if you're in the north west, come and have a look and a play, I'll post pretty much anywhere for cost.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

J :)

Edited by jamesf

• 2 weeks later...