Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird - Suggested Strings?

I've been using Rotosound Swing Bass Strings on my Epiphone Thunderbird for as long as I can remember. I've had the current set of strings on it for ages so it's definitely time for a change, they're dead as dead as dead can be! It's really my back up Bass, but it's worth stringing it nicely. Sometime in the near future I'll probably set it up exclusively as my Drop-D bass.

Would anybody recommend that I move away from my Rotosound habit? I'm not really looking to spend more than £20 on a set of strings, preferably 45's, I like that heavy-ish gauge. Of course the strings would have to be a longer scale, considering the length of the beastly Thunderbird.

Does anybody know the standard set of strings on the Gibson model, factor fresh? Doesn't say on gibson.com :)

I happy to try Elites, Elixir, Ernie Ball, Warwick...anything really! Well anything that you think could beat the Rotos at a similar price tag on my Thunderbird :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Rich

#EDIT# SORRY FORGOT TO SAY, ROUNDWOUND STRINGS PLEASE!

Edited by EskimoBassist