Why become a member? ×

My bands Youtube

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hi all

As we have just posted our first live snippet on Youtube I thought I'd share it with you, filmed at a gig in a really old church in Stoke Newington, quite weird as the gig is not a church event, they allow bands to perform and they sell beer and wine in the church, I'll drink to that !

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7nCm0k09KE&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7nCm0k09KE...player_embedded[/url]

Edited by subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hiya mate

Thanks for that, yep he is English/singing in English, he has a very well spoken accent as it goes, unlike me who is a gruff expat Northerner :), we did have sound issues and the video sounds much better than we expected, it's great if your doing quiter acoustic stuff but the volume (from the PA) was way too loud, we enjoyed it anyway though.

Hey, great stuff. Lovely quality. What camera and sound kit did you use?
I see you use bass guitar style right hand plucking rather than double bass style. Any thoughts on the differences?

If you have a band, or cause, or whatever, website or Myspace you should link to it from the text description area. Use the full url with the http:// bit to make it a hot link.
Also put your band name in the header. This helps people find you on Youtube.
May I suggest that it would be a tad more entertaining if your guitarist faced the audience rather than the drummer? :)

Guest subaudio

[quote name='OldGit' post='543004' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:35 AM']Hey, great stuff. Lovely quality. What camera and sound kit did you use?
I see you use bass guitar style right hand plucking rather than double bass style. Any thoughts on the differences?

If you have a band, or cause, or whatever, website or Myspace you should link to it from the text description area. Use the full url with the http:// bit to make it a hot link.
Also put your band name in the header. This helps people find you on Youtube.
May I suggest that it would be a tad more entertaining if your guitarist faced the audience rather than the drummer? :)[/quote]

Hiya mate

Thanks for the advice, very handy, I dont really know what I'm doing with stuff like that, I'm not sure what kit was used to record it, but i suspect it was just a Sony digital camcorder/integral mic, I'll find out though.

As for the two finger thing, it dosent sound as fat as traditional "hook" style but for faster lines that's not always a bad thing, but I do play with plenty of finger meat on the strings, I use one finger for slower stuff, basically I switch as either a kind of tone control or because it makes playing faster smoother for me, thats the conclusion I have come to so far anyway.

[quote name='subaudio' post='543020' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:55 AM']Hiya mate

Thanks for the advice, very handy, I dont really know what I'm doing with stuff like that, I'm not sure what kit was used to record it, but i suspect it was just a Sony digital camcorder/integral mic, I'll find out though.

As for the two finger thing, it dosent sound as fat as traditional "hook" style but for faster lines that's not always a bad thing, but I do play with plenty of finger meat on the strings, I use one finger for slower stuff, basically I switch as either a kind of tone control or because it makes playing faster smoother for me, thats the conclusion I have come to so far anyway.[/quote]

OK Thanks
OG