Why become a member? ×

MTD USA Saratoga...Tobias does a Jazz Bass

NJE

I did a search and found nothing here on this so here goes, apologies if its been done.

This is Michael Tobias' version of a Jazz Bass for some artists that needed something a little more conventional looking. I want one so very very much, I think I am too big and fat for a normal MTD but this would be fine. :)

[attachment=29021:MTD_20Ja..._20Black.jpg]
[attachment=29022:1001081m..._1740_lg.jpg]
[attachment=29023:1001081m...1740_lg5.jpg]
[attachment=29024:1001081m...1740_lg6.jpg]

[quote name='krzysztof' post='542921' date='Jul 17 2009, 09:35 AM']These look really cool. Am I right in thinking it has a different body shape compared to his standard USA Mtd's? Also the headstock shape looks like the Callowhill Junkie headstock. Very nice looking basses[/quote]

It does have a feel of the standard MTD basses in the body shape but it look to be a more substancial body with a hint of Fender thrown in. Yeah teh headstock did remind me of the Callowhill as well (nice looking bass too), it also reminds me of John Shukers J headstock as well for some reason, probably nothing alike if I put them next to each other though.