Why become a member? ×

For sale/For trade US Fender Deluxe Jazz 5 String

jcburn

Hi all, decided to test the waters with this one. Happy to either trade or sell outright. Firm on $1500 AUD outright. Price is low I think, current fully discount retail is around $3000 - bass plays and sounds incredible but has been heavily used over the last few years with a few small cosmetic issues, but nothing that effects the sound and playability. Its a 2006 anniversary model with fitted case, truss rod tool, Allen key and polish. Trades I am interested in - Lakland Skyline 5502, Status Energy/S1 5 string, Euro Spector 4's, Streamer S1, S2, Jazzman or LX 4 strings. I am open to suggestions as well but only interested in modern active basses, not fond of Yamaha, Washburn, Ibanez. 5 strings would have to have at least 18mm string spacing - preferably 19mm.
The issues - I have moved the strap button on the back of the bass - I do this to all my basses - I prefer the way it makes the bass sit. This has left a few holes.
I changed the bridge at one stage to a Hipshot A, but ended up not liking it so put the stock Fender one back on. They are nearly invisible but you can just see the holes for the Hipshot at the back of bridge.
I added a metal thumbrest.
I replaced the original Schaller tuners with Hipshot Ultralites - definitely improved the weight.
There is some corrosion on the intonation adjustment springs.
Other than that the bass is in very good condition and as I said plays and sounds great.
Buyer pays shipping. Bare in mind I do live in Australia. If interested shoot me a PM or reply here and I will endeavour to get a quote.
Thanks for looking.