Why become a member? ×

What's the scam?

OldGit

I've had a few of these down the years.. I realise it's not genuine but what is the scam?

Email text
----------------------------------
Greetings,

My name is Mr. Peter Thomas; I reside in San Jose California in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.

My wife and I came across your advert online concerning your Music Band and we are highly impressed.

Basically, our only son is getting married first week next month and we would like you and your band group to come perform at this memorable event.

My son as always been a fan of different musical bands there in the United Kingdom and he would be highly flabbergasted to know that I went through thick and thins to have a Musical Band perform on his evergreen event of his life time.

At the event the will be a lot of highly respected Dignitaries and a whole bunch of renowned people, like other Artist & Comedians. That I supposedly believe that you would love to meet.

Allow me keep their name, so I won’t let out all the surprises this event is going to bring for everyone.

I would be grateful if your esteemed presence is recorded here with us on this coming special day.

I would like to inform you that all necessary expenses of your (Band) coming here, will be personally taking cared of.

Such as: Your Traveling Ticket Fees, Hotel Reservations, Feeding and every other thing.

Regardless of your charging fee for your performance.

So if you are interested please quickly send us an email with the following details:

YOUR FULL NAME.........

AGE.........

ARE YOU A SINGLE SINGER?

ORCHESTRA?

OR ARE YOU GROUP SINGERS? (IF YOU ARE A GROUP, HOW MANY ARE YOU IN YOUR GROUP?)

ARE YOU A DANCER..................?

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU SING (e.g. Rock, Urban, Country, Techno, Oldies, Jazz)

DO YOU PLAY ANY KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT (IF YES: WHAT KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT)

HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE TO BE HERE?

Please send your soonest reply to: [email protected]

Mr. & Mrs Thomas.
--------------------

Edited by OldGit

Guest subaudio

[quote name='Nate' post='56553' date='Sep 6 2007, 03:18 PM']what a strange one...

not asking for any bank details or anything...![/quote]

Not yet........