Why become a member? ×

Line6 Echo Park

ase_one23

i'm messing about with adding delay into my playing, i really like that kinda shimmery mary chain / glasvegas effect. so i've got an echo park, and running it thro my audio interface and then thro guitar rig it sounds great. problem is, when i brought it to rehearsal and tried to use it, it was awful, just a really bad backgound hiss whenever it's on. now i have a fairly distorted bass sound so i was expecting a bit of this but the level of hiss makes it almost unuseable. i'm using a visual sound jeckyll & hyde od and love it, tried putting the line6 before and after it in the chain but no real change. any ideas? do u think this will happen with all delays? thanks in advance!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='533368' date='Jul 5 2009, 10:13 PM']The Line 6 pedals really need isolated power or they do get noisy. Are you running it on a daisy chain?[/quote]

yep i am as it happens, my up-till-now trusty 1spot. advice seems to focus on at least getting an independent power supply so i'll give it a bash - there's always something else to spend my pennies on!

You could also look at the GigRig Virtual Battery, which effectively isolates an output on a daisy chain. If you've got plenty of available current left on your 1-Spot and would rather avoid having another PSU to plug in, it might be a better idea than a second power supply. Probably more expensive though - typical. :)