Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Hartke HA4000 head + 2U case

Viajero

FOR SALE:

1 [b]Hartke HA4000[/b] head inside a Westfield 2U rack case.

I've had this head for a couple of years now, but haven't used it much due to being out of the country. I'm at a point now where I don't see myself using it much on the near future, and need to downsize for reasons of space and capital. Therefore, I offer it to anyone who wants it.

It has several good tech features including the Mute All button on the front panel, which mutes everything except the Tuner Out on the rear panel, as well as the impressive array of outputs to drive PAs and other stuff I've not had much call for. Pre- and post-eq Direct Outs, a useful ground lift switch, footswitch connectivity etc. However, its real strength is in its sound. I've always found it to be excellent, powerful and focused, and the amount of tone control it offers is excellent. You can adjust almost any frequency you want - I've used it with many different basses, new and old strings, at home, in t'studio and live, with big bands, jazz trios, funk bands and metal bands, and have always been able to get a great tone with very little fuss. I've paired it with 10s and 15s, and not had any complaints.

Power:

400W RMS into 4 Ohms
290W RMS into 8

I'll put some photos if anyone asks. It's in great condition, but the case has the kind of light wear and tear you might expect after three years.

I've not seen many of them on the second-hand market or eBay, so I'm not exactly sure of its value. So, [b]£200 ono[/b]?

Edited by Viajero