Why become a member? ×

Red Dragon booster

Silent Fly

Booster based on Jack Orman’s mini-booster (the same circuit used in the [i]Fulltone Fat Boost[/i])

- Out Volume
- Tone
- Input (gain)
- 3 gain setting (low, medium, high)
- Tone switch (frequency 1, tone off, frequency 2)

£45 postage to UK mainland included *** SOLD ***

[attachment=26954:rd.jpg]

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='iamapirate' post='512969' date='Jun 13 2009, 08:14 PM']Can it do some tube-screamer type tones?[/quote]

The saturation of this pedal is more subtle (and in my opinion more realistic) than the tube-screamer. The tube-screamer I know best is the Bad Monkey and this pedal cannot be pushed as the Bad Monkey but the sound is warmer. Moreover, this pedal can work as a great clean booster, the Bad Monkey can’t.

It depends what you look for I guess. If you look for the sound of a warm nicely saturated tube amp you are in the right territory. No harsh fuzz (bee-like) distortion. If you need a more full on saturation the BM is probably closer to what you look for.

The original circuit has been modified to extend the lower frequency response to cover 5/6 string bass. It can go as low as you want without loosing definition or volume.

[quote name='iamapirate' post='512969' date='Jun 13 2009, 08:14 PM']Also, I hate to be cosmetic, but that's a real looker! XD[/quote]

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...