Why become a member? ×

Rack case Rear rails

truegeminis

[quote name='truegeminis' post='510951' date='Jun 11 2009, 10:38 AM']I've got a 4U Rack case but it only has rails on the front. I want to have rails fitted across the back so that I can mount a PSU for the plugs of the front-mounted equipment.

Does anyone have any recommendations of who to go to for this?

Cheers.[/quote]
If you are not talking about rear rails to spread the weight of a large amp etc, this should not be a major problem.

To add a light duty 1 or 2U module to the back face, you could just glue-in some wooden blocks, and screw the module to those. If some of your front units need outboard power supplies (wallwarts) this approach has the advantage that you can recess the sockets as far as you need so that the rack lid clears the wallwarts.

If you want to do a proper job, buy a section of rack side rail (CPC probably have them), cut it to size (the holes are not evenly spaced, so make sure that you match left and right) and hot melt glue + screw to a ply rack, or hot melt glue + rivet to an ABS rack.

'Taking it to someone' is probably going to cost you about as much as buying a double-ended second-hand rack.