Why become a member? ×

1978 Fender Jazz

bassmeg

Pics coming when i find the rear pick up cover, (somewhere in the house!).

Difficult decision to put this up but i am putting this on offer as a feeler/sale if i can get enough for it. I need to cover the cost of other purchases. If there is any interest please make an offer, or any experts reading this please help me guage the originallity and possible value of this bass.

I have owned this bass for 7 years and never had any problems with it. It has my workhorse and played all the time. I have the original fender hardcase. As far as i am aware all parts are original, except the pick ups which are in it at the moment. I installed these "Wizard pups" a year ago, but still have the original pups which work fine. Will include both sets.

The paintwork on the bass is badly "crazed". This is definatly like marmite. It has been like this since i have owned it and has not obviously gotten any worse. I have read somewhere that in the late 70s fenders factory were rushing guitars through and skipping the priming process. This maybe why the paintwork has gotten to be like this on many black fenders.

Thats it really, i use the bass week in week out it works fine.

You are welcome to pop round and play if you are local.

I would be open to trades + £800.. I im after a Lakland Duck Dunn, but open minded.

Any feedback will be welcomed.

Edited by bassmeg