Why become a member? ×

HO7 Cable And Adaptors.

ash_sak

I'm hiring some HO7 extension leads, am yet to actually go to a shop and hire them so i'll ask this there too but as Basschat hasn't failed me yet i thought i'd post this here too.

So yeah anyway, i'm hiring HO7 extension leads and was wondering if it's 'safe' to put a 4-way plug adaptor into that.
It's for a gig and so the HO7 cable would run out to a marquee and onto a stage then the adaptor would lie on the stage, so it's all covered and such like, and then plug the amps into that.

Does that sound safe?

I think it'd be 'ideal' to hire 8 or so HO7 extension leads and plug everything in seperately but given i have no great grasp of physics and am used to plugging loads of extension leads into one another and just turning it off when i start to smell burning plastic i think think i'm a great judge of this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(by the way the burning plastic is from a mixer i liberated from my old school, then had it fixed as it was broken...damn school. And the fan wasn't ever fixed...until recently when it went and started for no reason)

It would remove some potential loss of friends, either through distrust in my ability to organise a party, or at worst. death.
But that wont happen....

Usually for band practises we can run a mixer some amps a set of monitors and a pedal board all from one plug and several extension leads plugged into one another. But i have pretty sure that us not being injured from that yet isn't something to be bragging about.