Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Traynor Yba 200-2 200w all valve bass amp SOLD

This is the newer model with four KT88's which fixed the biasing issue the older one apparently had. The preamp valves have been upgraded to EHX Cryo ones.
Sounds amazing, versatile and fat. Really sturdily built and surprisingly light for a valve amp of this pedigree.

[attachment=25990:yba200_2.jpg]

Proper pics to come soon.

Features:

200 watt All-Tube Bass Amplifier
4x KT88 power tubes, 2x 12AX7A and 1x 12AU7 preamp tubes
3-band Master EQ with Range Control
Innovative Scoop and Resonance Controls
1/4-inch Tuner Output with System Mute Switch
Switchable Pre/Post XLR D.I. Out with Ground Lift & 20dB Pad
4 or 8 ohm selectable speaker outputs

More details:
[url="http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?id=399&cat=40&type=5"]http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?id...t=40&type=5[/url]

These amps are very rare over here as hardly any are exported, this is a US model so needs a stepdown transformer to use it over here. These are easily found on Ebay or in Maplins for about £30.

It's in very good condition apart from a few scuffs on the metal corners. You're most welcome to come and try it out at our rehearsal space in Bristol where you will have the choice of an Aguilar GS412 or an Ashdown ABM810 or your own cab.

£460 plus Paypal, bank transfer or cheque is fine though. Would prefer collection from Bristol but postage could probably be arranged.

SOLD

Edited by joegarcia

[quote name='The Funk' post='501563' date='May 30 2009, 12:50 PM']I'm considering this. What are you planning on using instead?[/quote]

He already has a 1200w Sunn and a valve Laney, and uses my old valve head, don't make him think about getting more amps. Actually, he has an eye on another valve head, with less headroom so he can drive the nuts off it without blowing up the world.

It's pretty flexible and light, far more so of both than I'd expect from a valve head.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='501877' date='May 30 2009, 08:06 PM']Amazing, joegarcia said that without moving his lips! :)[/quote]

He's out of town for a couple of days, so is likely suffering without Basschat. I've used this amp lots of times, since we share a practice space and a house.

Haha, yea, what Mr Foxen said really. Don't need the headroom this has. I use two rigs together, the Sunn for low end and headroom and I'm gonna get an Ampeg V4 (100w) to drive hard alongside the Sunn.

Edited by joegarcia

[quote name='joegarcia' post='503403' date='Jun 1 2009, 11:04 PM']Pleasure doing business with you Martin, hope it brings you much valvey joy.

Try www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk for the case perhaps.

Joe[/quote]

Good point! That's where I got my pedalboard from, and it hasn't let me down. I'll look.