Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Traben Array LTD 5-string

Kongo

I have decided to sell my Traben Array LTD 5-string in Natural Spalt Maple.
I bought it 3 months ago for £420, took it home, played it for a few hours, took it to one rehearsal and decided it wasn't for me.
The tone was to die for...the feel just wasn't right.
I'll get some real pics up soon so you can see it...the Spalt is to DIE for on mine! The grain that has spalted is almost a mirror imagine on both sides.
For now...here's one to see what a Traben Array LTD 5-string looks like.

Reason for sale? I don't use it and it's a waste.
There is nothing wrong with it as far as I have found so far and anyone near my neck of the woods is welcome to give it a try to see for themselfs.

Info:

5-string
35" scale
Natural Spalt Maple
Body Basswood with Spalt maple top.
3 band active EQ
2 pickups: 1 MM style, 1 Soapbar (unusual combo)
1 x voume
1 x pan pot

Not sure on neck diameter but it feels like an Ibanez thickness wise but more Fender Jazz in profile.
So it's a fast neck, but not ultimatly flat.
Fingerboard radius is also similar to Jazz bass IMO.

The only thing I can say is it's got a HUGE tone to it and it's not nasal at all so you can cut through the mix without loosing low end easily and I go against 2 valve amps driving hard distortion with Drop-B tuned guitars.
The bass is quite light too.

I will post pics soon, I'm really seeing if there is interest here for it as it really needs an owner.

Any questions, feel free to post or PM.
I'm looking for a sale as I need the dosh to put towards my next bass but feel free to show me what ya got. :)
I've not got a hard case, just the original box but I'm not too keen on sending it like that so collection or I could deliver depending on the location.
I COULD pack it very well and send it if the buyer wants but I'd rather not.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Kongo