Why become a member? ×

Fender/Schaller - Fender/Hipshot

Hi,

Both of these tuners are two pin fitting and are found on recent American series P and J basses. Could anyone tell me if the Fender/Hipshot - newer type use the same two pin mount as the Fender/Schaller - older type.

In other words can I put the older tuners on my newer bass? The Fender Schaller are larger, so provided they use the same pin fitting should cover up any marks left by the Fender/Hipshot.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

I've fitted Fender/Schallers to a bass and had to make the 2 holes. I used a 'fag packet' template to mark the drilling points and it worked very well.
I also found a rebate in the hole through the headstock that the new MCs wouldn't fit through which I had to rout out with a heath robinsonish homemade router but again it worked well.

Hope that info's useful - and by way of an opinion - I have Schaller M4s tuners on another bass and which the Fender/Schallers are based on and I find them superior to the F/S's.