Why become a member? ×

MIJ 1996 Fender Precision, Fender 50th Anniversary Model (PB-57?) - Includes Postage
£650
Lichfield, Staffs

1996 MIJ Fender Precision, Fender 50th Anniversary release.  The original white one-ply scratchplate comes with it, but given it's flimsy and for whatever reason 'a bit rubbish' I've replaced it with a mint green three-ply scratchplate.  No idea why they were made and sold with such a rubbish scratchplate, but that's Fender for you.  I'll throw in the basic padded gig-bag it lives in.

It also has 'PB-57DGF' stamped on the neck heel (see pic), although I'm sure that this is just another 'Fender thing' whereby they just stick a neck on that is available at that moment in time and it just happened to be a PB-57 one less maybe some of the hardware you'd see on a PB-57 neck. 

Weighs in at 8.6lb (3.9kg) and is 43mm at the nut.

As a used bass it's had a few knocks and scrapes in its life and I've tried to show these in the photos where they're around the edges but the arm contour, near the bridge and by the knobs/jack.  The paintwork, other than the dinks seen in the pics, is in remarkable glossy condition.  If you're one of those who likes an immaculate unmarked bass or case-queen regardless how old it is, then this likely isn't for you.

The only part that is no longer with it from the day 28 years ago when it lefty the factory is the jack socket which I had to replace when it became too crackly.  Pots and electrics are all good, although I've given them a spray with contact cleaner and DeoxIT D5.  In the pics you can see the original scratchplate and loom when it had the original jack socket.

All setup and good to go with the strings being roundwound nickel coated 105-45 (can't recall the brand).  Frets are good and have been levelled, although they really didn't need much doing.

Price includes postage, but happy to drop off if nearby or free to collect and  have a noodle on and I'll knock a few quid off.  I'm working away Wed 15 PM to Fri 17 evening.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg