Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pair of the box PA 252 ECO MKII cabs. Scruffy but working. Offers considered. Barry. WILL CONSIDER ANY OFFER FROM A BASSCHATTER.
£120
Barry

Posted (edited)

A pair of large, powerful 2x15 plus tweeter 4 ohm PA cabs.

Unfortunately, during covid they stood on a concrete floored garage and the bottoms rotted. I needed a PA, and he gave me these, so I cut off the rotten basses and fitted a new base to each one. The new bases are the same grade of chipboard as the originals, the wadding reattached with staples, bases glued with foaming Gorilla glue to ensure a seal and screwed in place, a new strip to cover the edge of the mesh, then sprayed black. The 'felt' cover material has plenty of holes etc. I have patched some of them up by gluing the felt back down, but those shown below are examples, not all of the tears.

I also fitted heavy-duty corner protectors and heavy-duty rollers to make them easy to transport as they are heavy (35.5kg). They roll really well, leant back and pushed forwards. When upright the rollers are off the ground, so safe to stand on a table etc.

I have used them for gigging, and they work well and sound great (although I had an intermittent issue with one speakon socket - the other one on this cab is fine) and sound good. The same cabs are used by a local Rehearsal studio and stand up to unimaginable abuse from death metal bands...

My only problem with them is that a pair of 2x15 cabs take up too much room in my relatively small estate car. I need to sell them soon as I am collecting a pair of 1x15 cabs on Monday and need the space to store them!

These speakers spec plates state 450W Music Power, but this is incorrect. The Thomann Website and corrected plates on more recent ones say 450W RMS, 1800W peak. As my brother ran them very hard on a 600W per channel PA (typically multiple vocals, fully mic'd drumkit) for several years without any problems. These are one of Thomann's top-selling PA cabs.

New these would be £410. To reflect the condition, I'm asking for £100, but happy to consider offers/sob stories.

The only catch is you have to collect from Barry, South Wales.

Equipped with: 2x 15" + 1"

Frequency range: 45 - 15,000 Hz

Sensitivity: 121 dB SPL max

Impedance: 4 Ohm

Rated power: 450 W RMS/ 1800 W peak

Dispersion: 90 x 40°

Input: 6.3 mm jack/ speaker twist combo connector

Dimensions: 495 x 420 x 1030 mm

Weight: 35.5 kg

Questions below, as per Basschat rules, message me if you want to make an offer. Thanks for looking

4.thumb.jpg.98e9101b665e6643cc5fbdd1e5d1de9a.jpg7.thumb.jpg.13a670685219ce91fbb71c1aff931b78.jpg5.thumb.jpg.0afa675a87eb1d64286e0fa46984171e.jpg6.thumb.jpg.b956c2be1cfa17a6b8815ce5fb05bb0e.jpg1.thumb.jpg.9aaba9e1b6d8ad3eea803720aa88957d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.af1f48ea4f5f8c20eb9903cf64f026fc.jpg3.thumb.jpg.4bfcfe8b723546df8d0f60044a152d1f.jpg

Edited by Stub Mandrel

• Stub Mandrel changed the title to Pair of the box PA 252 ECO MKII cabs. Scruffy but working. Offers considered. Barry. WILL CONSIDER ANY OFFER FROM A BASSCHATTER.