Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B15N 1963 Vintage Amplifier Bass Valve 25W JBL Speaker - The Holy Grail - Beautiful
£2600
London E12

Hi ,

I have bought this beautiful amplifier recently here out of a compulsive buying moment 🙂

I am a keyboard player that plays bass occasionally and I've always been in love with that vintage Motown sound...

Now that I have come back to reality  I realised that this is a luxury I can't carry on...

This is what I paid it for and I'd like to sell it for the same amount.

It's reasonably priced given that there are a couple out there that go for much more.

Enough about me and more info about the beauty:

I bought it from the 2nd owner in London that Bought it in the USA in 2005 from its original owner who at that point was elderly and hadn't used it for many years. It was working but needed a full service. The speaker was replaced with a JBL D140F, and all the caps replaced, and the 'death cap' mod to a three lead mains plug done. The tubes are the original Ampeg/Sylvania tubes, and yes i can't believe either they don't need to be changed, the amp works absolutely great and it is very quiet. 

It sounds incredibly good. That Motown and funky tone. The JBL D140F gives it a warm and punchy sound with creamy trebles.

I am the 3rd owner and this has been carefully look after in my studio.

I need some money to cover cost of my album and sadly this needs to go.

You are welcome to come by and try it yourself.

Clean and warm from 1-5 and then starts to break up from 5-7 with that awesome saturation.

As you can see from the pictures it is in pretty good original and unmolested condition, but obviously the tolex does show it is from 1963. The amp Head is in great condition with the blue light still shining.

I chose not to repair the small tolex tears, thinking it was better to keep it as original as possible. There is no dolly. It retains the weird octal plug for the speaker connection that was used for a year or two around 1963. Everything about this dates it correctly to mid 63. Serial number and circuit diagram are correct, and the pots all date to late 62/early 63. Ampeg used the Random Navy Flair until early 63 then switched to the Blue Diamond during the year. It is still a 117V head and I use it with a step-down transformer and all work perfectly, will be sold with it.

Delivery can be arrange with a private courier or if you're not too far I can delivery myself nice and safe.

The amp is advertised somewhere else as well.

Send a message to arrange viewing.

Ampeg 1.jpg

Ampeg 2.jpg

Ampeg 3.jpg

Ampeg 4.jpg

Ampeg 5.jpg

Ampeg 6.jpg

Ampeg 7.jpg

Ampeg 8.jpg

Ampeg 9.jpg

Ampeg 10.jpg

Ampeg 11.jpg