Why become a member? ×

De Gier Bebop PJ Hybrid
£2600
Newcastle Upon Tyne

*FOR SALE*   De Gier Bebop PJ Hybrid   *FOR SALE*

Re-Priced - £2250

Bebop No.163 is a hybrid of Bebop 60 (AKA Bebop Classic) and Bebop 70 (now known as Bebop) specs, with a P pickup and some other added extras. It was made for me by Sander in November 2017, and as such I am the sole owner in it's lifetime thus far. The bass has been an absolute joy to play as it's an extremely versatile instrument with it's pickup configuration, D-tuner, and killswitch (really helpful with having separate bridge and neck vols!).

The De Gier Bebop preamp is by far the most natural sounding onboard preamp I have ever heard in an active bass (I have played active Fenders, Zons, Mtds, Lulls and more) and I spent a long time trying to find the most balanced PJ set I could. The dual tone mid switch let’s you toggle between a more traditional 60’s sounding mid range, and a more scooped 70’s sounding mid range. All in all the bass has a super punchy sound, with some lovely sweet highs. My particular favourite settings are br. vol 100%, ne. vol 90%, 60’s tone 65%, b boost 40%, tr boost 50%. A very tasteful and very musical sounding bass that is not overrun by it’s electronics.

Due to the shape of the neck, you can really fly around on the bass (if that's your thing) and the slightly tapered body sits nicely. The weight is around 9-9.5lbs, but I've got no way getting any more accurate than that at present- in any case, it's not heavy at all, and it balances perfectly.   It's been gigged a fair amount, but is in extremely good condition, aside from a few marks, mostly caused by strap rubbing on the flat finish (all pictured). If I'm honest, it still feels like it's fresh from Sander's workshop every time I pick it up.

It'll be a hard one to let go, for sure... but I tend to use fivers right now, and it's just not getting played. Please feel free to ask me any questions, should you have any.

Bebop 163

Year: 2017

Body: Alder, aged white matte finish (matching headstock) 

Neck/Fingerboard: One piece bird's eye maple, 21 slim frets  

Fretboard Inlays: Black mother of pearl dots

Tuners: Black Hipshot UL clovers with D tuner

Bridge: Black De Gier/ETS

Pickups: Aguilar P-60 and J-HC (in 60's position)

Preamp: De Gier Bebop 70's - bass, treble, dual tone, bridge vol, neck vol (active/passive toggle)

Extras: Killswitch, Dunlop Straploks

IMG_9490.jpeg

IMG_9489.jpeg

IMG_9482.jpeg

IMG_9488.jpeg

IMG_9487.jpeg

IMG_9484.jpeg

IMG_9485.jpeg

IMG_9502.jpeg

IMG_9505.jpeg

IMG_9506.jpeg

Edited by whentbass