Why become a member? ×

NBD: Rockbass Corvette 5

You might recognize this from a thread I recently posted. I decided to pull the trigger, sight unseen. A friend picked it up for me because I have a broken leg.

2004ish Corvette standard 5. Active 2 band EQ. Paid $500CAD and it came with a gigbag, levy’s strap and Dunlop strap locks. I’m happy with that.

Plugged in and it sounds remarkably good for what it is - certainly has that unmistakable Warwick sound, which is what I was hoping for. Very tight string spacing, low action. I’m happy so far.

The bass itself is in great condition, it just needs a damn good clean. It’s obviously been well played but relatively well looked after. The fretboard is filthy, there’s some dusty gunky discolouration around the bridge, and the low b tuning machine has been spaced out weirdly which I’ll be investigating. Otherwise it’s in pretty great shape so the plan is to just clean it up, and I’m excited to spend some time playing it.

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

IMG_1285.jpeg

IMG_1286.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

Edited by budget bassist
  • Like 5

Took the bridge off and found some nastiness.. used a scotchbrite pad to clean up the body a bit and sanded the back of the bridge but I think I’d maybe like to replace it long term.

Getting stuck into cleaning up the fretboard. The wood was thirsty as, and covered in crap. Nothing bugs me more than seeing someone else’s finger grime on a fretboard 🤮

I think I might also order a new nut since that’s not in great shape, and perhaps a truss rod cover. Otherwise it’s not looking too bad. Frets could use a file/crown but I’ll play it for a bit before I get into that.

IMG_1292.jpeg

IMG_1294.jpeg

IMG_1295.jpeg

• Like 3