Why become a member? ×

SWR Marcus Miller Preamp
£400
Newcastle upon Tyne

JPJ

Next up in the ‘I have too much gear’ sale is my SWR Marcus Miller Preamp. This is a fully featured 2U bass preamp with just about every conceivable feature including:

1) gain control, mute switch, and input pad (-10db). Two input jacks on the front panel with a switch to choose between them, and a third parallel input on the back panel.

2) The famous (or infamous) SWR aural enhancer tweaked for Marcus’s preferred response, but including a pull to defeat feature.

3) five-band eq including three (low mid, mid, and high mid) semi-parametric mid control foot switchable should you wish to. This thing is a tone monster - whatever you want its in there.

4) Parallel FX loop blend control and foot switchable effects loop.

5) master volume.

6) foot switchable fully featured compressor including controls for threshold, ratio, attack, and release. Push button switch to choose between the compressor being before or after the eq.

7) foot switchable boost with boost control for the level of boost required (subtle for playing under a guitar solo, or max out for your bass solo). 

8} foot switchable ‘bass intensifier’ circuit with level and cut-off controls

9) Back panel features a pre-amp out to power amp with ground lift, a DI out to the PA including a level control, ground lift, phase inversion switch and a switch to select the DI source (pre eq, post compressor, or line with everything), effects loop send and return jacks, tuner out, foot switch jack, and that parallel input jack for the full rack mount setup with your favourite wireless etc. 

The preamp comes with the original four button foot switch that connects with a standard jack-to-jack instrument lead. 

I’ve owned this preamp twice in its life time, but as its not getting the use it deserves, and as I am drowning in too much gear and not enough space, it’s got to go. Note: this sale is for the SWR Marcus Miller Preamp and foot switch only and does not include the SWR Grand Prix preamp, the SWR Amplite power amp, or the rack case, but if you fancy a deal on more than one item - drop me a pm. 

Price is based on collection from Killingworth (just north east of Newcastle upon Tyne) but I have sufficient packing materials so  the preamp can be posted at the buyers risk and expense. 

Any questions, drop me a pm. 

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8127.jpeg

IMG_8128.jpeg

IMG_8129.jpeg

IMG_8125.jpeg

IMG_8130.jpeg

Edited by Rich
Remove ‘on hold’ from title
  • Like 3

• JPJ changed the title to SWR Marcus Miller Preamp
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I plugged this in tonight to test the 1x15 cab I was selling before sale and I might be making a mistake here 🤔 I’ll leave it another couple of weeks and then withdraw if there is no interest.

• 1 month later...