Why become a member? ×

Anyone pulled apart a Peavy Microbass amp before?

Buzz

As it says on the tin, have you?

I appear to have an intermittent fault with the input socket, I've not got a spare lead to hand and won't for another month or so, so I'm not sure if the cheapy "live wire professional" cable has slightly undersized jacks or not.

But on the offchance it is the input socket, I've had the amp for nearly 5 years after all, has anyone else dived inside one and is there anything out of the ordinary that I need to pay attention to? Eg, hidden screws, awkward cables, an angry badger etc....

Cheers folks!

[quote name='Buzz' post='483258' date='May 8 2009, 08:56 PM']As it says on the tin, have you?

I appear to have an intermittent fault with the input socket, I've not got a spare lead to hand and won't for another month or so, so I'm not sure if the cheapy "live wire professional" cable has slightly undersized jacks or not.

But on the offchance it is the input socket, I've had the amp for nearly 5 years after all, has anyone else dived inside one and is there anything out of the ordinary that I need to pay attention to? Eg, hidden screws, awkward cables, an angry badger etc....

Cheers folks![/quote]

Yep, stripped mine down to fix a loose solder joint a few years back (on the input socket coincidentaly enough). piece of the proverbial really, there was nothing unexpected at all. I had it done and back together in 10 mins.