Why become a member? ×

Marshall JCM 800 Bass Series 100W Valve Head

bigjohn

She's a beast. I just fancy a change...

I'll get some more photos if there's interest. It's not in perfect aesthetic condition but it's in better nick than this one that's just gone for [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/MARSHALL-JCM-800-100WATT-BASS-SERIES-1985-Valve-amp_W0QQitemZ350172369995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item350172369995&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177"]£575 BIN on ebay[/url]. Unlike that one, this one is in perfect working order and bar a couple of the knobs - all original down to the faded cloth.

I'm looking for £450.

Edited by bigjohn

[quote name='Huw10' post='482721' date='May 8 2009, 09:34 AM']Is it loud for a 100 watter? Keep up with guitar and drums unmiced in small-medium gigs? (noOb!)[/quote]

She's plenty loud.

I've got some really quite insensitive cabs and I've never had a problem being heard.

Here's what Marshall's website says :

These two amplifiers have undergone a major re-design programme to keep abreast of the requirements of modern bass playing trends. The amplifiers feature two mixable inputs with volume control, active treble and bass controls and a middle circuitry sweepable from 400 HZ to 1 KHZ, plus a slope control that filters the low fundamental notes for that tight punchy sound when [b]playing loud[/b]. All this, plus an improvement of bass in the power amp, [b]leads Marshall to believe that the 1992 is the finest 100 watt bass amplifier that they have ever produced.[/b]

Edited by bigjohn