Why become a member? ×

Sterling by MusicMan Stingray Short Scale Bass 7.7lbs - *SOLD*
£475
North Midlands

dodgnofski

A really nice Passive short scale bass in Olly White that sounds monstrous, probably due to the Neodymium pick up and excellent electronics. Mahogany body, Maple Neck and beautiful Rosewood Fingerboard.

Very easy to play with a low action & weighs a mere 3.5Kg, or 7.7lbs in ‘old money’

I’ve changed the bridge barrels for one’s that are a bit smaller in diameter to achieve a lower action, as I think the original MusicMan ones are meant for their long scale jobbies - but the original ones will be included if you don’t mind a higher action and want to swap them back.

Can’t see any damage albeit with my old eyes, apart from a few very light marks on the control plate which would probably polish out with a bit of chrome cleaner and overall I would rate the condition as being 9/10 - at least.

Controls are Master Volume - with handy Push Volume Boost, Three way pickup selector and Master Tone.

These retail at £699 at Bass Direct & £749 at GAK so grab a bargain.

WARNING - it’s very hard to put down once you start noodling😂😂

Can post to the U.K. Mainland for £25.00 via ExpressAM, before Midday - next day.

What MusicMan say………

The StingRay Short Scale bass has the iconic StingRay sound shrunk down into a 30” scale length package. With easier accessibility, a passive boost, and a single humbucking pickup with higher output neodymium magnets, the StingRay Short Scale offers comfortability without compromise. The versatile pickup configuration includes parallel, true single-coil, and series modes for diverse tonal options. Finished in Olympic White.

DYNAMIC TONE CONTROLS

The StingRay Short Scale features a neodymium humbucking pickup with 3-way rotary switch. The pickup configuration includes parallel, true single-coil, and series modes.

BridgeSterling by Music Man Designed Bridge

PickguardParchment

Scale30"

Neck Radius 9.5” (24 cm)

Frets22 Frets, Medium

Neck Width 1.5” (38 mm) at nut

Neck Wood Hard Maple

Fingerboard Rosewood (OWH), Maple (BK, DCP, DBL)

Fret Markers White / Black Dot Markers

Tuning Machines Open Gear

Truss Rod Single Action

Neck Attachment 6 Bolts

Controls 1 Push/Push Volume Boost, 1 Tone

Switching 3 - Way Rotary Selector

Pickup Sterling by Music Man Designed Neodymium Pickups (H)

Strings Ernie Ball 2852 Regular Slinky Short Scale Bass

Gig Bag N/A

IMG_2776.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

Edited by dodgnofski
  • Like 12

Thanks, the necks are a bit ‘urgent’😃😃👍👍 I bought this to be my last and only Bass and it’s a cracker, I just can’t adjust to the short scale after half a Century playing long scale jobbies😟😟🙈🙈

• Sad 1

• dodgnofski changed the title to Sterling by MusicMan Stingray Short Scale Bass 7.7lbs **SOLD**