Why become a member? ×

Modern Vintage 4 String Jazz Bass now £1,150.00
£1350
WORTHING

bassjim

Hi 

Now priced at £1150.00

Grab a bargain as I need to replenish funds due to another recent purchase

Bought this from Bass Direct earlier this year (19.04.23) as a back up bass.

Tried this out and it worked for me straight away. Great sound and very playable. Lovely neck.

See what Ed Friedland has to say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYiVQU9qlxw

I've however changed the bridge and this is why:

This bass has done several rehearsals and one gig. During this time I got very fed up with the bridge that came with it. Ed says it adds something sonically but the reality is its not that well made. The string height adjustment screws are a poor fit and work their way out during playing

If you change the strings all your string height set up needs doing again. The intonation screws not that good either. Use Lock-tight glue I was told but back on earth and in the real world its not ideal. So...Bernie Goodfellow supplied and fitted the very nice Schaller bridge shown in the pictures. Following that adjustments to string height/action and intonation are super easy, go high or as low as you want, and it stays put.

Sound wise, I cant tell any difference. Maybe it exists but nothing stands out to me. Maybe its a bit better, but with out reloading the original bridge who knows? But for the aforementioned reasons why would you? If you really want to put a cheap £30.00 quid bridge back on, by all means fill your boots!

I was also going to change the VOL VOL Tone for a Vol Blend Tone because I'm used to this set up. I was in the process of doing this when another Bass Chat member put up an American Elite Jazz for sale. I've been searching for one of these for some time now but couldn't find one that I was happy with (thats another story). I tried it, liked it, bought it. Its what i really wanted in the first place and thats why this Bass is up for sale. 

Currently strung with 40-100 D'darrio Nickel. Bass comes with the Front Pick Up cover and Finger rest included should you want to put them back on. These were already removed when I bought it

It didn't come with a case but I could come to an agreement on selling one if required.

Great Bass and at a  very good price

Not listed here but I have the VBT with Bell plate now surplus to requirements and will be now be selling this at a discount if he buyer is interested in taking this

Courier costs to be arranged and finalised with buyer, or buyer collects. UK only

Mod Vintage 1 RS.png

Modern Vintage 2.png

Modern Vintage 3.png

Modern Vintage 4.png

Edited by bassjim
price drop
  • Like 2

These are really, really nice! I’ve been drooling over the 5 string ones at Bass a direct for a while now - I’ve heard loads of good stuff about them, it was Basstheworld’s reviews that first put me onto them. GLWTS, that’s a really good price 👍 

• bassjim changed the title to Modern Vintage 4 String Jazz Bass now £1,150.00