Why become a member? ×

FS: Sandberg Basic 4

Howdy lads and ladies!

I recently made a bit of an impulse purchase of a Sandberg Basic 4, thinking it would compliment my fender nicely and be great for my band...but it seems my fender is simply the best bass for me, and have now suddenly realised i can't afford it at all...you know what they say about hindsight!

The bass itself is in great condition...as new as it is only a few weeks old and it hasn't yet been gigged. It sounds amazing, single musicman style humbucker in the mid position, active with 1 volume, 1 mid, 1 bass and 1 treble control (3 band eq?). The bass is translucent blue with a white pickguard. it comes with sandberg stainless strings .40 guage. Its very nice to play, very similar to a ray I tried not so long ago. it is still able to have a free setup courtesy of guitarworks in reading, I am not sure if this is open to second time buyers I will go in and ask them.

I paid £800 for it brand new so would like as close to this as physically possible, make me near offers guys, as i need to pay off the credit card I'm not open to trades im afraid.

I will post pics up as soon as I can, hopefully later today. people are more than welcome to come and see and try the bass out, i live in windsor. I wouldnt like to post it as it only comes with a gigbag but we can arrange delivery for petrol money or something along those lines, collection is obviously welcome too!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry my spelling and general english is awful in places, please let me know if i have failed to mention anything that needs to be or on any improvements that are required!

Will

[quote name='WithoutRisk_BassPlayer' post='478057' date='May 3 2009, 05:40 AM']Howdy lads and ladies!

I recently made a bit of an impulse purchase of a Sandberg Basic 4, thinking it would compliment my fender nicely and be great for my band...but it seems my fender is simply the best bass for me, and have now suddenly realised i can't afford it at all...you know what they say about hindsight!

The bass itself is in great condition...as new as it is only a few weeks old and it hasn't yet been gigged. It sounds amazing, single musicman style humbucker in the mid position, active with 1 volume, 1 mid, 1 bass and 1 treble control (3 band eq?). The bass is translucent blue with a white pickguard. it comes with sandberg stainless strings .40 guage. Its very nice to play, very similar to a ray I tried not so long ago. it is still able to have a free setup courtesy of guitarworks in reading, I am not sure if this is open to second time buyers I will go in and ask them.

I paid £800 for it brand new so would like as close to this as physically possible, make me near offers guys, as i need to pay off the credit card I'm not open to trades im afraid.

I will post pics up as soon as I can, hopefully later today. people are more than welcome to come and see and try the bass out, i live in windsor. I wouldnt like to post it as it only comes with a gigbag but we can arrange delivery for petrol money or something along those lines, collection is obviously welcome too!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry my spelling and general english is awful in places, please let me know if i have failed to mention anything that needs to be or on any improvements that are required!

Will[/quote]

I live near Reading and have played this Bass....its a winner. :)
Have a bump on me.

cheers voxpop it is a lush bass...i wish i didnt have to get rid of it! After the credit card is paid off I might regret it!

here is the sandberg website with the technical specs that should cler up anythings i forgot to mention : [url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/basscat-overview/basic-basses-top/basic"]http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/basscat-ove...asses-top/basic[/url]

just to let everyone know ill have the pictures up tomorrow

Bank Holiday BUMP

Edited by WithoutRisk_BassPlayer