Why become a member? ×

Broughton SV-Pre who’s had one,any good?

RikiB

I’m looking at the Broughton SV-Pre to use in front of my Ampeg SGT-Pre and effectively set it up so I have 2 channels.

the Broughton and the SGT but read a couple of things about it not having enough volume to drive a power amp is this true as it won’t be going into the front end of an amp but into the effects return?

I had one and thought it was decent, the volume seemed similar to most other pedals so shouldn't be an issue in an effects loop.

My one gripe is that it doesn't have a cab sim - and I find the SVT sound benefits having that (obviously the SGT-Pre you have has it), not an issue if you are playing through a suitable real cab, but if playing through PA or recording direct then it would be handy.

• Thanks 1

I have one and think its brill, i bought it and an omni cab sim pedal for FOH as i use fuzz.

i split off to my amp before it or if using a borrowed backline i'll go through the effect return on the borrowed amp and use it as the preamp. never had an issue with volume issues.

• Thanks 1