Why become a member? ×

NGBD - New Gig Bag Day (plus free bass guitar).

Franticsmurf

Just got me a new gig bag and it came with a free bass guitar. How amazing. 😃

DSC07731.jpg.c66b4a788152f12f02006f2f0ea644b4.jpgDSC07732.jpg.a8917ed21cc9ab4589eeaa86bbe10539.jpg

But seriously - I've been GASsing for a headless and reading the BC comments on this one, I was tempted. But it was just a little too much money for what would be a 'nice to have' rather than an essential addition to the fold. After all, I have a Spirit XQ headless, long scale, passive only, and it's the bass I've had the longest. Then this Ibanez EHB1000s turned up 'ex-demo' at a price too good to ignore. I can't find the 'paint blemish on rear' described on the website; it's super light and lovely to play. As has been mentioned in previous posts about the EHB series, the fret markers are hard to see but they will go the way of all my basses and be replaced with adhesive dot markers.

One of the reasons I got my Spirit headless was that it was small enough that I could fit into tiny pub spaces without hitting the cymbals or other band members. This shorty is even better for that and as I have small hands, the 30" scale fretboard is perfect for some of the stuff I'll be playing in the three piece I'm currently putting together. 

• Like 6