Why become a member? ×

Hotone Soul Press II - Quick review

Cinzel

Hey everyone, I just got the Hotone Soul Press II for review (kindly provided by Hotone) and I have to tell you, I’m impressed.

The Hotone Soul Press II is a 4-in-1, true bypass pedal that offers volume, expression, wah, and volume/wah capabilities. This guy is as sturdy as a Boss pedal (doubles as self defense object if needed).

The action is pretty even and balanced, giving some good control over the overall output of the pedal. Plus, the side LEDs show the pedal's position without needing to step on it. Despite its small size, it's comfortable to use and provides accuracy even for those with larger feet (size 46 here!)

The volume and expression functions work just as expected, and the wah feature is pretty cool. It has a wide range of usable tones, from soft flanger-like sounds to a full-on Cry Baby wah effect. I was able to use it for volume swells, and filter control, and yes, I did use it on For Whom The Bell Tolls.

I would say, that this is good value for money. As I said in the beginning, pretty well impressed!

C0E26A90-CDA5-4CD0-9115-84C2564BB406.thumb.jpeg.ac7cd7d67ebe93b13ed88d26bcaa1d85.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice one. I didn’t know about this. I have the earlier model and love it. Prefer it over the ones I’ve had previously - Morley Power Wah, Dunlop wah (old black model) and the EBS Stanley Clarke wah.

My only critique is it’s small size (ironic, I know) but that’s just me. For some reason I like bigger, full size volume and wah pedals. 

• Like 1