Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBNE1 5 String in Amber SOLD

Johnebass

[b][/b]FOR SALE: BBNE1 Nathan East Signature Bass.

Body Alder with figured Maple cap
Neck Maple Bolt-on
Fretboard Ebony
Pickups 2 special singles with dummy coils
Hardware Gold
Controls Master volume, pan, bass cut/boost, treble cut/boost, user-definable mid range
Frets 24
Bridge Solid Brass
Scale 34"
Finish Amber Burst

Featuring bolt on neck construction, the two octave neck is built from maple and mahogany and the wonderful flamed amber cap with an ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone.Matching gold tuners to complete the look of this fantastic bass.

The unique BB body is made of maple and alder for a fat sound with plenty of definition.The gold plate bridge features provide precise intonation,a low profile,and elegant look.
The stacked Alnico humbuckers run through a 5 control active electronics,which feature a custom 3 band EQ with a switchable mid-cut to provide sonic versatility for any situation.
The neck is set with to a lowish action, and comes with its original yamaha hardcase.

This bass has been dated at somewhere around 1989/90 and has seen plenty of action although it is in full working condition. Cosmetically there are some scars namely the buckle marks on the back and the thumb mark just between and above the pickups.

The neck is solid and fast and the tone is unbelievable, as you would expect from a signature bass from such a prestigious player.

Have included some pictures below, but if anyone wants more just mail me your address and I'll get them off to you.

I'm asking just £750.

[attachment=24574:DSC02737.JPG][attachment=24575:DSC02738.JPG]
[attachment=24576:DSC02742.JPG][attachment=24577:DSC02740.JPG]
[attachment=24579:DSC02744.JPG][b][/b]

Edited by Johnebass

i played this bass and what a bass it is good luck with the sale mate
[quote name='Johnebass' post='476040' date='Apr 30 2009, 02:33 PM']FOR SALE: BBNE1 Nathan East Signature Bass.

Body Alder with figured Maple cap
Neck Maple Bolt-on
Fretboard Ebony
Pickups 2 special singles with dummy coils
Hardware Gold
Controls Master volume, pan, bass cut/boost, treble cut/boost, user-definable mid range
Frets 24
Bridge Solid Brass
Scale 34"
Finish Amber Burst

Featuring bolt on neck construction, the two octave neck is built from maple and mahogany and the wonderful flamed amber cap with an ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone.Matching gold tuners to complete the look of this fantastic bass.

The unique BB body is made of maple and alder for a fat sound with plenty of definition.The gold plate bridge features provide precise intonation,a low profile,and elegant look.
The stacked Alnico humbuckers run through a 5 control active electronics,which feature a custom 3 band EQ with a switchable mid-cut to provide sonic versatility for any situation.
The neck is set with to a lowish action, and comes with its original yamaha hardcase.

This bass has been dated at somewhere around 1989/90 and has seen plenty of action although it is in full working condition. Cosmetically there are some scars namely the buckle marks on the back and the thumb mark just between and above the pickups.

The neck is solid and fast and the tone is unbelievable, as you would expect from a signature bass from such a prestigious player.

Have included some pictures below, but if anyone wants more just mail me your address and I'll get them off to you.

I'm asking just £750.

[attachment=24574:DSC02737.JPG][attachment=24575:DSC02738.JPG]
[attachment=24576:DSC02742.JPG][attachment=24577:DSC02740.JPG]
[attachment=24579:DSC02744.JPG][/quote]

These are FAB !! Ive had one and they are very high quality instruments. They were Yam's top 5 stringer back then, superbly built, and everything was top notch from the quilted maple to the ebony fingerboard to the NE preamp which gives a range of good tones. Not a raw rock bass but does smooth pure and sophisticated in spades. Lovely smooth finished fingerboard, I found mine an absolute delight to play.

PS Youve got some nasty looking dings on the fence there........nothing too much on the bass though.
PPS have I earnt my pint yet ?

Edited by loweringthetone

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='477985' date='May 2 2009, 10:01 PM']These are FAB !! Ive had one and they are very high quality instruments. They were Yam's top 5 stringer back then, superbly built, and everything was top notch from the quilted maple to the ebony fingerboard to the NE preamp which gives a range of good tones. Not a raw rock bass but does smooth pure and sophisticated in spades. Lovely smooth finished fingerboard, I found mine an absolute delight to play.

PS Youve got some nasty looking dings on the fence there........nothing too much on the bass though.
PPS have I earnt my pint yet ?[/quote]

A pint plus a chaser!! lol

• 5 weeks later...