Why become a member? ×

Dingwall NG3 and Babicz Solo Rails

JetCard

Hey Folks, 

Hope everyone is well! 

I've recently obtained a couple of Dingwall Combustions, a very nice whalepool burst 5 string, and a 2020 NG3 4 string in the lovely Ducati white. The basses sound and play incredible, minus one small, and bloody flaw. The bridge saddles... Damn those suckers are sharp if you catch an edge. Think Tune-o-matic unrounded saddle sharp. 

A couple of emails back and forth with Mark @ Bass Direct and he pointed me in the direction of the Babicz FCH Solo Rail(s), as they're supposedly a drop in replacement. Having opened up the packaging and attempting to line the holes up, this doesn't seem to be the case. 

So, my question is this, do any of you lovely low-end rumblers use these saddles and if so, please tell me I don't have to add a few more hole to these instruments? 

IMG_3608.jpeg

They are not a drop in replacement and do need new holes unfortunately. Dingwall are meant to be potentially releasing their big block style bridge as an aftermarket drop in option soon (I've got my fingers crossed it'll be NAMM). Hopefully they'll do lefty versions for you!

I did email Mark about them in February to see if I could get on a waiting list. He said he'd talk to Sheldon and would get back to me. I need to chase him up...

Darn! But at least I know I've not lost the plot completely and can indeed line stuff up! 

If you do nudge ref the bridges, put a good word in for us south paws ;) In the mean time, I think I might have to bite the bullet and go for the Hipshot saddles from FretNation and hope customs aren't feeling nosey. I really don't fancy putting any extra holes in the body. 

Aha, thank you! It's a stunning finish, especially so considering lefty instruments usually come in black, and a slightly darker black.

• 5 months later...