Why become a member? ×

Daisy chain cable for pedals

lidl e

I'm looking to power two pedals off of my polytune. It has an output to power pedals.

What cable do i need? Im thinking i need two cables?

A regular power supply cable into the female end of a daisy chain cable? Is that right?

I can find any daisy chain cables males at all ends.

So using something like this to power the extra pedals, I'd still need a male to male from the power output of the polytune to run this?

https://www.thomann.de/ie/the_sssnake_dc3_cable.htm

5 hours ago, lidl e said:

So using something like this to power the extra pedals, I'd still need a male to male from the power output of the polytune to run this?

Yes. But... if you're using a daisy chain pedal with three male plugs, why not just have one plug into each of your three pedals, and not use the "output" on the Polytune at all? I don't know that there's any advantage to passing power through the Polytune unless you've only got one other pedal, which would allow you to use a single male-to-male cable.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MartinB said:

Yes. But... if you're using a daisy chain pedal with three male plugs, why not just have one plug into each of your three pedals, and not use the "output" on the Polytune at all? I don't know that there's any advantage to passing power through the Polytune unless you've only got one other pedal, which would allow you to use a single male-to-male cable.

I have 9 slots on my power supply and 11 pedlas on my board

Ah right. For those three pedals, it's still two cables vs. three cables though - plus if you leave a spare plug on a daisy chain, it:
(a) Needs to be covered or secured, as it can cause issues if it's flapping around

(b) Tempts you to buy another pedal 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartinB said:

Ah right. For those three pedals, it's still two cables vs. three cables though - plus if you leave a spare plug on a daisy chain, it:
(a) Needs to be covered or secured, as it can cause issues if it's flapping around

(b) Tempts you to buy another pedal 😅

It's funny. I had a three cable one in my basket, but deleted it and got a 2 cable one for both those reasons

Edited by lidl e