Why become a member? ×

Fender Neo 4x10 and 6x10

northcountrybob

Hey there! 

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Fender Bassman Neo 4x10 or 6x10's? 

I've been using an AD200B for a while and I'm super familiar with the Orange 4x10, but it's pretty big and very heavy. Was thinking of switching it up for something a bit lighter. I'm looking at touring overseas more this year and being able to pick up familiar backline would be handy, but I don't know what cab manufacturers backline places tend to hold besides Ampeg, Orange, Mesa, EBS...? I come more from a valve guitar world than bass, so still learning about bass gear a bit. Hence I'm thinking Fender, although lots of folk here favor other brands like Barefaced for lightweight cabs. 

As for the 6x10, I know it'd be bigger than the 4x10, but occasionally I like using a bigger cab. 8x10's just seem crazy big (as much fun as they are). Using 4x10's for portability or a 6x10 possibly seem like better options. Only 6x10 I've used was an Ampeg. One thing that concerns me would be speaker impedance if the drivers are custom. I like to be able to get parts easily should something go wrong.