Why become a member? ×

Talk about Bass

joel406

On 22/02/2023 at 12:06, dmccombe7 said:

All getting a bit too political and serious so bringing us back to the topic in hand.

I still use TB for getting Mesa info and details cause i love what Mesa do ....... build great gear IMHO.

Look forward to hearing more details about the OP band and upcoming tour over here.

Wish you every success with it and keep us all posted maybe start a new topic for the tour. 👍

Dave

Well. I'll try to give you a little something to think about. I'll start at the begging of your post. Mesa gear. I've been a GK guy since the 400B. Had a couple of em. As well as the GK 4412H cabs. As I recall I had 4 of em. Went all through the 400rb. 800rb into the MB series. Which I loved. Then GK rolled out it's current line. Don't judge me. I owned all of it. Well, the 800s and the 1200s. I skipped the 500s. But yes, both the Legacy and the fusions. Did not like em. So, I tried the Mesa D-800+. Me likely through my old, with new driver's cabs. Switched to Mesa Subway cabs. Got a pair of 410s. Loved em!! Got a pair of 212s. OMG LOVE EM!!! So naturally. Me thinks. Well, if this works, the WD800 and the TT800 must be even better. The WD and the TT are as different from each other as they are different from the D-800+. 3 different great sounds. But the WD and the TT did not sit well. With me. I let em go the way of the GKs. So, I was left with 2 D-800+ Subway heads and 2 410 and 2 212 Subway cabs. I stumble on some new Epifani heads at a local shop. LOVE EM!. The UL901. Oh my. My favorite flavor by far but still not a D-800+ killer. Now the band has gone primarily amp less. I'm using "Alien ears". I mostly use my 5-driver set. But I have an 8-driver set I keep as backup. What's he using instead of amps? The Quad Cortex. Now the band. We are 2 years old as a group. We are about to release our 4th song. Once we have 6 fully released, we have an appointment with Atlantic records. Talk is a national (possibly) tour, opening for an established act. Who? We don't know yet. We will need to finish at least 15 songs to be able to perform a complete opening set. Maybe 17/18 songs. We (I) would love to cross the pond. London, Manchester and a host of other areas are on my to see list. As well as many areas of the EU. But my best guess (if all goes as planned) this could be 3/4 years out. I would hope for sooner. For now, we are writing and gigging. Our schedule is full, with more shows being crammed between shows we already have. 2023 is technically, 100% booked. And 2024 already has booked dates. 

I just realized... I forgot the most important part. My basses. 3 American made Fender 5 string Jazz. 2 American 5 string Precisions. And one custom built PJ. All have Seymore Duncan pickups. Except for one of the Precisions, which will remain stock.

Long winded. Could have been laid out in paragraphs. Would have read better. I apologize for that. But... internet.

If there are questions please feel free to ask. I don't take a lot of pictures personally. But we have a photographer that follows us. So I can put up one with my PJ.

P1055501.MP4.14_01_44_00.Still006.jpg

• Like 1