Why become a member? ×

BOME - A DIY Bass Oriented Multi Effect pedal

SamIAm

i came in thinking you were wiring up some analog multi effects box, i didn't realise this would be a technological full on midi digital box.

i have no idea how people know how to do this stuff, but i'm so impressed. 

can't wait to see how it turns out.

i'm sure it's mentioned, but i didn't understand. are you using like open source effects code that people have made? is that a thing? like patches for a future impact? do you have to code? do you re-jig well known patches? like have people reverse engineered the code in say a boss digital pedal and you can load that into this?

sorry for so many questions!

• 1 year later...
On 26/01/2023 at 06:43, SamIAm said:

After creating a shielded housing for the HiFiberry card (Which I located away from the Pi via some GPIO extension wires) I found a slight improvement, but was still not getting the audio quality I hoped for.

Googling some materials and I am brought to here, so I am speaking without knowing your experience level.. so please forgive me if I sound rude.

do you have buffer circuit ahead of input toward HiFiberry input? as far as I know their input impedance is around few kOhms , which will cause terrible deterioration of sound quality. Or, is BOME currently or supposedly placed after other real pedal?

anyhow, good luck!

• Like 1