Why become a member? ×

Boutique Tube Preamp - Top Spec Hand-wired Sushi Box Space Heater - £180 - MIB - *SOLD*
£180
London

admiralchew

Sushi Box FX are making a name for themselves in the US, with the same folks getting stuck into 3LEAF, Broughton and Iron Ether pedals raving about Sushi Box too. This is their top spec hand-wired, hand-built Space Heater tube preamp pedal in metallic flaked rainbow's end finish. The hand-wiring gives it greater headroom so the extra build time and effort are worth it.

It’s designed to be used to add some flexible 12AX7 tube warmth to your tone using a small enclosure. It runs at 9V or 12V (no difference in performance), with the pedal upping the voltage to 200V internally.

From the website: "There is some shared DNA with the Alembic F-2B. With the gain low you can crank the volume without it breaking up, though obviously is will push your amp HARD as it is a high output circuit. Add some gain and you can get varying levels of breakup, with a nice hairy drive when the gain is cranked."

I recently bought a Noble so I’m moving on most of my tube pedals (as was said in another thread, for a pedal that expensive you have to commit!). I ordered this a couple of months before my Noble was due to be shipped but, because of the time Nathan at Sushi Box takes to create his pedals, the Noble actually arrived first. As a result, someone can get a bargain for a mint pedal (I've used it only to test it works) without having to wait or faff around with customs duties and import VAT (RRP for this version is $220 before postage, taxes and duties).

£180 boxed and posted to the UK.

IMG-8920.thumb.jpg.9705e348c292dd2607d73a412738621d.jpgIMG-8918.thumb.jpg.36611ccab28289bc46065c00b26c8624.jpgIMG-8921.thumb.jpg.da933fa9f1838527ebdb44b709947009.jpgIMG-8930.thumb.jpg.0d1546170a14de5d881899bbcdbff13c.jpg

Edited by admiralchew
SOLD
  • Like 1

• admiralchew changed the title to Boutique Tube Preamp - Top Spec Hand-wired Sushi Box Space Heater - £180 - MIB
  • admiralchew changed the title to *SOLD* Boutique Tube Preamp - Top Spec Hand-wired Sushi Box Space Heater - £180 - MIB