Why become a member? ×

Fender American Deluxe Dimension Bass IV HH - *SOLD*
£850
Edinburgh

dmckee

Pretty immaculate USA Dimension. Pro lever Fender. One of the nicest necks I’ve ever played - oil finish, asymmetric, compound radius etc - just feels lovely. Fantastic range of sounds across the 5 pickup positions and active EQ.  Weight is 9lb 1oz. Currently strung with EB Cobalt Flats. 

This was a lockdown purchase that has never left the house (and rarely if ever for the previous owner either I imagine – the case is perfect) other than for 1 recording session. Only selling because I’ve got some serious short scale GAS though that I need to deal with. 🙂 

All stock apart from Dunlop Straplocks, plus short extension fitted to front strap button that you’ll see in the pics. Basically, I’m incredibly picky about balance. I think because this is a lighter than usual Dimension, there was a TINY amount of neck bias (that I imagine most folk wouldn't even notice), but I had my local Tech add this little extension and it balances perfectly now. Very easily removed if desired, of course. 

Local pickup preferred of course but can ship at buyer's expense if necessary. 

Full spec is: 

Colour Black

Body    Ash

Body Finish     Gloss Polyester

Body Shape     Dimension™ Bass

Neck Material Maple

Neck Finish      Hand-Rubbed Oil Finish with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face

Neck Shape     Asymmetrical “C”

Scale Length    34″ (86.36 cm)

Fingerboard    Maple

Fingerboard Radius     9.5″ to 14″ Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)

Number of Frets         21

Frets Size         Medium Jumbo

String Nut        Bone

Nut Width       1.625″ (41.3 mm)

Position Inlays Black Dot

Truss Rods       Posiflex™; Graphite Neck Support Rods

Bridge Pickup  Dimension™ Humbucking

Middle Pickup Dimension™ Humbucking

Controls          Master Volume, Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut

Pickup Switching         5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Inner Coils of Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Full Middle and Bridge, Position 4. Outer Coils of Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 5. Middle Pickup

Pickup Configuration  HH

Bridge  Fender HiMass™ with Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles

Hardware Finish          Chrome/Nickel-Plated Steel

Tuning Machines         Fender® “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts

Pickguard        3-Ply Black

Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top

Unique Features         Asymmetrical Neck Heel, Stealth “A” String Retainer, Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Truss Rod Adjustment, Vintage-Style Knurled Control Knobs, 5-Bolt Neckplate

IMG_1684.jpeg

Edited by dmckee
  • Like 7

• dmckee changed the title to Fender American Deluxe Dimension Bass IV HH - SOLD/TRADED