Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Fretless Precision 1983 - £1600
£1600
West Oxfordshire

Paultrader

I'm selling my Fender USA Fretless (original) Precision Bass. The serial number is S866248 which I believe would date it at 1978, but the date on the end of the neck is 01-08-1983, so I imagine that the neck was made earlier and the bass finally put together on 8th January 1983.

I have owned it since 2015 and soon after I purchased it I had the neck re-shot at The Bass Gallery - it now has a gorgeous low action with no 'fretless' pitting. The neck is absolutely straight. It weighs 10lbs (4.5Kg).

I changed the black pickguard for a tortoiseshell one made by WD Music with a new Fender Vintage Style Wiring Kit, but the original, with the original serial number, is included in the sale. On the original pickguard, one of the pots has been replaced at some point.

I also changed the pick-up for a Fender Custom Shop one. Once again the original pick-up is included in the sale.

This guitar has a deep warm tone with a pleasant treble overtone and plays like a dream. The original pick-up is extremely deep and bassy. Being nearly forty years old, it has some wear and tear which is evident in the photos. It has a black Fender case which has one broken catch but is otherwise fully functional.

I would like £1600 for it, and would prefer pick up only please from West Oxfordshire - I think it's best for the purchaser to see the guitar before making a final commitment.

Fender 1.JPG

Fender 2.JPG

Fender 3.JPG

Fender 4.JPG

Fender 5.JPG

Fender 6.JPG

Fender 7.JPG

Fender 8.JPG

Fender 9.JPG

Fender 91.JPG

Fender 92.JPG

Fender 93.JPG