Why become a member? ×

NAD - Joyo MA-10B

Stub Mandrel

After an inordinate wait I finally have the wee beastie. It got delivered my old address (I  watched it all unfold in real time on the tracking!) A month kater when I travelled up I missed my neighbour,  so eventually he posted it to me.

It's no bad for around £40, 10 watts and significantly bigger than a Blackstar Fly. Lovely retro look to the cream version, and the Joyo logo lights up.

Sound is good for a 5" speaker not driven hard, loud enough gor home practice, playing with unamplified acoustics and maybe busking in a quiet area. The tone control is a bit puny, seems to work a bit like the Fender tbx and sounds best near 12 o'clock. Gain works well, needs to be fairly high to get ddcent volume, but I usually like a decent amount of gain, its main use might be to tame active basses. The drive channel is decent. Sound and volume don't match up to my more substantial 25w Orange Crush  but that's not the point. Included an external mains psu - a big plus over the Fly, and a quality european to 13A adapter.

Certainly a lot for the money - typical Joyo.

20211027_141844.jpg

• Like 2