Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Solomon LoFReQ Sub Dynamic Mic - Great for Bass Amps or Kick Drums - Boxed - Perfect Condition
£145
Witney, OX28

Solomon LoFReq Sub Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone. 

This is in perfect condition and has only ever been used in my small home studio. Selling as I'm no longer doing much recording with full drum set-ups.

It was basically taken out of the box, put on a stand in front of the kick drum and has never been moved since, so is completely unmarked. includes original box, bag and all packaging. 

If you are looking at the listing then you will already know how great these things are, but just in case I've included the official blurb from Solomon below.

Solomon LoFReQ Sub Mic - Black

Using a speaker as a low-frequency capture mic is nothing new. The Beatles used this technique as far back as the recordings of "Paperback Writer" and "Rain". The Solomon LoFReQ Sub Mic is intended to work alongside your existing kick drum microphone, in a separate channel, thereby allowing more flexibility with EQ, compression and processing in general. By having two separate channels you have the best chance at molding the signals through separate EQ, compression etc. 

Setting the Gain Stage

The LoFReQ is designed with an inline pad to match most dynamic kick drum mics as far as output at your mic pre. A good starting point would be to set your primary kick mic, then set the LoFReQ gain the same, and adjust from there. How much you will need to adjust will depend on placement, source SPL, etc. 

Rolling off the Highs

If you're micing a kick drum, try rolling off around 150hz and up. Everybody's taste is different, but that's not a bad starting point.

Features

Customized in-line pad for controlled gain

Gain and impedance designed to match Beta 52

Attaches to standard mic stand (5/8" fine thread)

Tolex wrapped fiberboard shell

Aluminum protective grill

IMG_6746.jpeg

IMG_6747.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

Edited by blackhatbass
Sold.

• blackhatbass changed the title to SOLD! Solomon LoFReQ Sub Dynamic Mic - Great for Bass Amps or Kick Drums - Boxed - Perfect Condition