Why become a member? ×

FS: MIJ Epiphone Elite Thunderbird

big cat

Hi, folks.

I'm selling my MIJ Epihone Elite Thunderbird. Currently, i use my Fender Precision and ESP. So this one needs a new home.

This is my first bass. I bought it when i was in japan at the end of 2006. Check the information of this bass online you will find it's not a low-end bass but something in the middle range. It is actually made by Orvile(Some people call it Gibson Japan). Some people say it has the similar quality of a Gibson T-bird. To be honest, i don't think so, but much better than the normal Epiphone T-bird.......Well, it has a much better finish than the Gibson T-bird.

It is discontinued in 2007, so it may not be easy to find one now. It is equipped with the Gibson USA Pick Up. Sounds like a barking dog :) (Some people may think it is muddy) Ideal for some hard styles. It has the similar slim neck of Gibson T-bird. (Yes, and the similar neck dive....) It is lighter than the other T-birds. In the official site, Gibson says it is a Neck Through design. Actually, the Elite T-bird is a Set Neck one. It also has a distinguishable vintage T-bird look which makes it cooler :rolleyes:

The condition of the bass: It has the general wear you can imagine. It went through rehearsals and small gigs. Some minor scratches and marks left by buckle, but can not be noticed due to the Sun Burst finish. It's not in mint condition but still good. Well, why do you particular care about a T-bird's condition? Just plug in and rock out :D Pics will speak all.

[attachment=22882:P1010689.JPG]
[attachment=22884:P1010693.JPG]
[attachment=22885:P1010692.JPG]
[attachment=22886:P1010694.JPG]
[attachment=22883:P1010691.JPG]
[attachment=22887:P1010696.JPG]
[attachment=22888:P1010697.JPG]
[attachment=22889:P1010698.JPG]

I'm in Belfast, since the hard case is really huge, collection will be good, but i'm ready to post it to UK Mainland. I'm looking for 450 (including postage)

Feel free to PM.

Cheers.

Big Cat

• 5 months later...

[quote name='big cat' post='447996' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:05 PM']Hi, folks.

I'm selling my MIJ Epihone Elite Thunderbird. Currently, i use my Fender Precision and ESP. So this one needs a new home.

This is my first bass. I bought it when i was in japan at the end of 2006. Check the information of this bass online you will find it's not a low-end bass but something in the middle range. It is actually made by Orvile(Some people call it Gibson Japan). Some people say it has the similar quality of a Gibson T-bird. To be honest, i don't think so, but much better than the normal Epiphone T-bird.......Well, it has a much better finish than the Gibson T-bird.

It is discontinued in 2007, so it may not be easy to find one now. It is equipped with the Gibson USA Pick Up. Sounds like a barking dog :) (Some people may think it is muddy) Ideal for some hard styles. It has the similar slim neck of Gibson T-bird. (Yes, and the similar neck dive....) It is lighter than the other T-birds. In the official site, Gibson says it is a Neck Through design. Actually, the Elite T-bird is a Set Neck one. It also has a distinguishable vintage T-bird look which makes it cooler :rolleyes:

The condition of the bass: It has the general wear you can imagine. It went through rehearsals and small gigs. Some minor scratches and marks left by buckle, but can not be noticed due to the Sun Burst finish. It's not in mint condition but still good. Well, why do you particular care about a T-bird's condition? Just plug in and rock out :lol: Pics will speak all.

[attachment=22882:P1010689.JPG]
[attachment=22884:P1010693.JPG]
[attachment=22885:P1010692.JPG]
[attachment=22886:P1010694.JPG]
[attachment=22883:P1010691.JPG]
[attachment=22887:P1010696.JPG]
[attachment=22888:P1010697.JPG]
[attachment=22889:P1010698.JPG]

I'm in Belfast, since the hard case is really huge, collection will be good, but i'm ready to post it to UK Mainland. I'm looking for 450 (including postage)

Feel free to PM.

Cheers.

Big Cat[/quote]
Hi
Just wondered if you still got the elite t/bird?
I've been after one for some time. Let me know
Cheers
Tim