Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*SOLD* Yamaha TRB 6P Dual Truss Rod Model *SOLD*

Ballie

Hey all,

For sale is my Amber dual truss rod Yamaha TRB 6P. The pickups have been upgraded to a pair of Bartolini's which really make the bass sound great. Original electronics installed. Neck is 35" scale, perfect for that extra tension on the low B. I currently have it set up with 40's, and a 135 B. The bass is a thru-neck with 24 frets on an ebony board, super-low action can be obtained on this bass. The body has figured maple body wings under the transluscent amber finish, looks very smart.

First off, I'm selling it to further modify my Ibanez SR506. The TRB has been my main bass for a year or so, and hasn't really been gigged much, though played a fair bit. It's not in mint condition and there's a hairline crack in the finish just below the bass/treble boost/cut pots. It's been there since I've owned the bass along with the upgraded Bartolini pickups, which had been professionally done, the routing is awesome. There's a few scratches over the bass and a couple of tiny dings in the finish, but no damage. These are all down to the age of the bass, around '94. The playability of the bass is rock solid.

I'm asking for £900, this includes a heavy duty flight case. It really is a pro-level instrument for anyone who wants to get into some serious playing, sounds as great as it looks.

The sound is amazingly clear, piano like note definition and it cuts through the mix. Sounds a lot like the John Patitucci model as it's a very similar spec. His is a bolt on, not a thru neck like this bass. The tonal quality of notes are very consistant up right up the neck, a truly awesome bass. The piezo pickups (on the bridge) give a Nylon acoustic guitar like quality to the sound. It's great for tapping and slapping, it adds a little bit of extra bite to the smooth tone of the magnetic pickups. In terms of soloing, it sounds like a nice smooth jazz guitar, also being able to have that extra range either side of the normal 4 strings tempts you into playing stuff you couldn't normally. 6 string bass isn't necessarily about shred, for all the haters!!

Because of the clarity of the sound of the bass, it's great to use with overdrive if you're into the metal thing, as you can hear the note cutting through.

The spacing is 19mm, same as a 4 string bass, this means it has a pretty wide neck to allow for the spacing. The neck is very thin from front to back, my hand easily fits comfortably around it. It's a fairly heavy bass, but that's expected with a wide-neck 6 string. The spacing makes it easy to switch between a Fender and this bass.

Hardware is Gold Plated. Preamp has Master Volume, Pickup Pan, Bass boost/cut, Treble boost/cut, piezo blend and a piezo phase switch. The circuit runs of a 9V battey and battery life is incredible.

I have put a ramp on this bass with double sided tape, the ramp can be removed without marking the bass in any way, though taking the ramp off would only make the bass less playable in my honest opinion, hence putting it on in the first place. It's made from African Ebony, has a very classy look to it!

Here is a photo of the same model, this is not my actual bass. Photos to follow tomorow.
[url="http://www.alembic.com/club/messages/395/45484.jpg"]http://www.alembic.com/club/messages/395/45484.jpg[/url]

Edited by Ballie

I have one of these and agree with all the comments made.This is a lot of very classy bass for someone.Anyone who`s thinking of a top sixer should really give this a try.

Good luck with the sale.

Thank you very much =] They're incredible basses. Will accept sensible offers on this bass for anyone interested! It's the original increasingly rare TRB series with single coils, not the TRB II. Will consider a part exchange for a Ken Smith Burner 5 or Smith BSR 5.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...