Why become a member? ×

Buzzzzzzzzzzzin' Bi Amp

OldGit

Hi

I have a Randall 90's Bi amp, the RB2000
It's fine in Biamp/two speaker mode but buzzes when plugged up to use one speaker.
To do this they say use a guitar lead and plug the flat out into the effects return of the relevant amp.

I've had it looked at by the guy who does that stuff around here and he's au fait with old amps and stuff but can't find anything to fix ..
He's making "be Ok live, maybe they all do that" noises..

Randall have replied to my email by sending two guitar wiring diagrams and a set for a RB200 which is a totally different amp ..
They just emailed the wiring diagrams, no actual correspondence at all :) good customer service eh?

So ..... any ideas?

[quote name='OldGit' post='438436' date='Mar 18 2009, 04:35 PM']To do this they say use a guitar lead and plug the flat out into the effects return of the relevant amp.[/quote]

What sort of state are the jacks in? If they've not been used in a long while they could well be tarnished, which will add a load of noise. Squirt a bit of switch cleaner in there and plug/unplug an old jack a couple of dozen times to clear it off.

Also, if you're using a cheap lead, that could be picking up noise.

A