Why become a member? ×

FT - Peavey Classic 810TX Tweed USA cab
£650
Preston UK

maxrossell

Hi guys,

Not really looking for a sale as I still need a bass cab, but looking to downsize. This is a monster both in sound and size & weight. The one on the left in the images (the other is sold), it came to me recently and it didn't take long to figure out it won't fit in my A5 coupe and there's no room for it in my studio.

The upside is it's an indestructible, awesome-sounding, cool-looking 8x10 (with adjustable horn). This is not a sound you can get from any other format. In full working condish. Alas, as the actress said to the Bishop, it's a bit too big for me. The "tweed" is tolex so will take more of a bashing than cloth but the only damage here so far is some slight discolouration. There are of course rear wheels and tiltback handles, but at 75ish kilos it's a 2-man lift on anything but a flat surface.

Obviously this is a collection-only and you'll want at least an estate with the seats down. I'll give you a hand with it, natch.

In exchange I'm after a smaller bass cab of similar value. Not too fussed what but good condition if possible and classic styling is always nice. It'll be a studio cab as well as live so a combination (2×10" & 1x15", e.g.) a definite plus. Try me.

20200702_152615.jpg

20200702_173837.jpg

• Like 1