Why become a member? ×

Odd noise from Delay pedal

Surrpaul

HI,

I picked up a Donner Echo Square Delay Pedal today. I plan to use it very sparingly in my tribute band, so didnt' want to go out and throw £150+ at it.

When I use my PSU direct into the pedal, it's great. No problems. However, when I plug the PSU into my JOYO Multi Power Supply and click the pedal to engage it, an almighty low end noise occurs. It's like a low-end alarm clock.

I think I'll have to power my other pedals with the JOYO, and use a separate PSU for the Donner, but before I go off and buy one, does anyone know what is causing it?

FYI no matter where I put the pedal in the chain; it makes the sound. It's literally caused (I think) by the JOYO

It's likely exceeding the current capacity of the supply, a cursory google says the donner has a max draw of 140mA. Not sure which Joyo supply you're using but on most of them most of the outputs are 100mA max. You'll need to figure out which output has a higher current capacity (probably 500mA) and try it on that one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobbass4k said:

It's likely exceeding the current capacity of the supply, a cursory google says the donner has a max draw of 140mA. Not sure which Joyo supply you're using but on most of them most of the outputs are 100mA max. You'll need to figure out which output has a higher current capacity (probably 500mA) and try it on that one.

Hi mate,

just wanted to thank you for helping me out. I pulled up the tech details for the power bank and you were right, I plug the power bank into the 500ma input and the pedal now works.

Thanks again.