Why become a member? ×

Squier Affinity Jazz 5, Still available!!

MoJoKe

If you saw my other post for the Dean Edge 5, you'll see that the GAS got the better of me and I bought a couple of Spectors this month, and unlike some here, I don't need 10 basses(!!) so this bass is now available for sale.

I bought it brand new last summer, with the intention of taking an angle grinder to it and doing some savage and unnecessary experiments on it...... No, none of that is true, I really thought it would be an interesting project start point to add new pups and a preamp.... I bought the Spectors instead, and this little baby was spared!!

Anyway, I've only used it at two rehearsals, its in new condition apart from a tiny weeny nick in the paint on the back of the top horn, by the strap button, which was there when I bought it. It is now set up properly, with a brand new set of Elixir nanoweb Super Lights (Take a deep breath, spend 35 quid on ebay and never regret! Simply the best if you don't use a pick. Very slippery, fast and last 4 times longer than your standard 15 quid set. If anyone tells you the coatings come off, its because they scratched them when pulling the strings through the bridge when fitting. One day Elixir will see sense and make me an endorsee!!), it is also fitted with new Schaller straplocks, I'll throw in a strap with the locks on and it'll come in a fender gig bag.

As many on here will agree, you cannot beat the Squier for value/playability, so this would make a great first five string. I can meet you anywhere within 50 miles of Exeter and its yours for just £120!!

Library Image, but it does look like this!!

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='josh3184' post='434130' date='Mar 13 2009, 08:26 PM']always oddly liked the 5 tuners in line... good price too![/quote]

Yes, agree! somehow looks less cluttered than big handles on both sides of Headstock!!

OK, I know money is tight out there, but I am quite surprised that I still have both hands!!!

I know I'm in danger of getting a kicking here, but quite a few places where you may buy these won't even set them up for your princely £190 (or more, inc carriage)!! Here's one which is properly set up, fitted with schaller straplocks, premium strings, plays beautifully, and but for a tiny mark on the back of the top horn you wouldn't know it wasn't brand new, for just [b]£120[/b], lovingly hand delivered!! It doesn't get better than that!!

This bass is absolutely perfect for a new player to five strings, or even a completely new player to bass (again possibly contentious!), and even perfect-er(!) as good quality backup bass.

Someone must know somebody starting out, or moving to 5 strings who this would be ideal for! Sadly it'll end up on the 'bay at the weekend if no interest!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...