Why become a member? ×

Skjold Lion's Pride A 5 string 2008, price now £1300
£1500
Leicester

mtroun

With fatherhood approaching and knowing full well this great instrument should be getting played regularly, I've decided to move on this rare 5 string super jazz. It's been used on a fair few gigs by me, but I'm not really playing much electric bass at the moment and it's a bit too much bass for my needs. 

I'm sure many of you are familiar with Pete Skjold's work, true hand built instruments with incredible attention to detail and flawless workmanship. There aren't too many of these instruments about, though I believe this one was custom ordered from Bass Direct and the instrument dates from 2008, as evidenced by the signature on the back of the headstock. It has been through a few owners through this forum though I have had it since 2015, and I have subsequently had it professionally set up by Noiseworks in Coventry. With its 3 band East preamp and 70s style jazz bass pickup spacing, it provides a modern take on the classic Marcus Miller sound. I'd describe the sound of the instrument as deep but it can also really snarl on the bridge pickup. I recently restrung it with Dunlop Super Brights. 

Condition wise it has a number of small dings on the headstock and around the body, plus the back plate is looking a bit scratched. It's been gigged! The veneer is peeling a bit on the bottom of the headstock, I have tried to picture this. 

Price reduced to £1300. If you want the mono M80 gig bag to go with it, it will be £1400.

Body: two piece ash with burl maple top, gloss finished

Neck: 3 piece maple with morado fingerboard and matching headstock veneer, satin finish

Scale length: 35"

String spacing: 18mm

Nut width 1 7/8"

Weight: 10lbs 2oz, 4.59kg

Hardware: Hipshot ultralite tuners, Hipshot A style bridge

Pickups/preamp: Skold SC-1(manufactured by Dingwall) pickups Neodymium pickups, East 3 band preamp and 3-way pickup selector knob. Neutrik locking jack socket. 

Based in Leicester, would prefer local pickup but can look into getting it delivered if necessary, at buyer's expense. 

I'm mostly looking for a sale but a Fender precision or jazz (any country) could be of interest. 

Any questions please don't hesitate to PM me. 

IMG-2660.jpg

IMG-2661.jpg

IMG-2662.jpg

IMG-2663.jpg

IMG-2664.jpg

IMG-2665.jpg

IMG-2666.jpg

IMG-2667.jpg

IMG-2668.jpg

IMG-2670.jpg

IMG-2671.jpg

IMG-2672.jpg