Why become a member? ×

Meditteranean tour SL&G 09

Twigman

[url="http://www.last.fm/music/Sad+Lovers+and+Giants/+events"]http://www.last.fm/music/Sad+Lovers+and+Giants/+events[/url]

April 10th (Good Friday) The Blackout Club, Rome, Italy
April 12th (Easter Sunday) Club Totem, Vicenza, Italy
April 26th Gagarin 205, Athens, Greece

It's gonna be very strange. Personally I've not played bass at a gig since 1989!!! I last played any gigs in 1992 (keys)!!

Am I going to be nervous or what?
These clubs will be full (they're proper large venues) with hardcore 'fans' who know all the lyrics and I'm going to be rubbish!! I know it!!

LOL

Edited by Twigman

Guest subaudio

Congrats that sounds awesome !, I'm sure youll be fine, just practice as much as you possibly can and enjoy the momment at the gigs, see it as payoff for all the work practicing.

As for the nerves use it as nervous energy, once your halfway through the first song it'll all come flooding back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Twigman' post='455536' date='Apr 6 2009, 03:09 PM']

We leave tomorrow. :)

Getting excited already and we're not on stage 'til Friday!![/quote]

Leg 1 complete

Rome was so so - all rather disorganised and we were severely stressed but Vicenza was FANTASTIC

Hey!

Sounds like the gigs have been going well!

I'm going to be looking to try to organise some gigs for my band across Europe in the near future - any advice you can give me?

We are a relatively new and its unlikely we'll be known in Europe so i wouldn't be looking for huge venues.

Cheers for the help.

Chris.

[quote name='chris_pokkuri' post='474048' date='Apr 28 2009, 10:51 AM']I'm going to be looking to try to organise some gigs for my band across Europe in the near future - any advice you can give me?[/quote]
I don't do the bookings, myself. Our guitarist does most of the legwork ( he's a co-owner of Anjunabeats records and has loads of contacts 'in the business' ).

The promoters we use generally come to us and ask us to go there and play- the luxury of having put out half a dozen albums and already having a fan base...and then it's a case of establishing the venue size, ticket price and identifying how much the promoter is likely to make and then naming our price....

We never played abroad when we were unsigned so I really won't be much help to you.

Advice I'd definitely give though is with whoever you deal with make sure, before you go, that you know exactly who is expected to pay for what and when.....

Good luck