Why become a member? ×

SHAM 69 BASSIST... DOIN TUITION in 2009 (kent)

rob jefferson

[u]Rob Jefferson ( SHAM 69 / Pure Assassins ) is back from a 2 year World Tour and will be providing 1:1 tuition during 2009.[/u]

For the last 3 years it has been my honour to be a member of Sham 69 which has included playing over 200 shows around the globe.
My style gave the band a new sound which grooved a little more than in the past. With Ian Whitewood (drums) it was a privilege to provide a solid rhythm section which enabled a world class band to ‘come through’ strong on stage.

I have played bass for 22 years, and have investigated most styles extensively playing with many bands. My tastes are wide ranging from The Red Hot Chilis to The Beatles to Pink Floyd to Muse.

I recorded 2 albums during my time with Sham:

‘Hollywood Hero’ 07

‘Seriously Ultimate - Greatest Hits’ 08

During 2 years of touring the band played venues right across the spectrum from small clubs with less than 100 people to large venues / festivals with crowds of 20,000+. Many examples of the band performing are available to view on 'youtube: sham69 2007/2008' .
Current projects include album work and touring with Pure Assassins, an incredible band storming the scene in 2009.

My tutorship style and content draws from this extensive experience to give genuine pro insight in addition to playing styles/tricks and theory.

Before going pro i taught bass guitar in private sessions to students of all abilities and ages. Students appreciate my flexible approach which puts the tastes and preferences of the student in the centre of the teaching process.

The musical tastes and preferences of the student are placed at the centre of my teaching style. Having spent time isolating what these tastes are and what targets the student aspires to, (initial free consultation prior to the start of lesson 1)...i build a programme which will include only the neccessary music theory required to attain final goals. The key to my teaching is to assist the student to access the 'feel' of their target styles by unlocking the techniques and theory (and sometimes the tricks) required to achieve the end product : A professional sound for the listener.

I am also able to impart deep experience with regards to equipment and set-up of instrumentation, on stage gear and the realities of getting a pro sound both live and in the studio.

The cost will be standard £25 per hour based on student travelling. For options or to book CALL : 07525 330 877

[quote name='steve-soar' post='425478' date='Mar 4 2009, 07:58 PM']Got some nice basses there kidda. What's the Enfield like?
Steve.
Nice to see a pro tutor.[/quote]
Thanx. The Enfield is amazing. The super 8 pickup is a master stroke. Every combination of everything you could reasonably want. Any one of, or,combination of p-bass/musicman/jazz plus pan pot gives a ridiculous range of sounds. All the classics plus any variable combination of 'em. It goes through a +17db pre amp with a mental parametric mid and a downright indecent bass boost. (+pull button for passive).
I gotta admit that Martin Sims is a friend of mine, and that our head scratching and customizing of my Alembic over the years (independent musicman pikup and jack fitted....and an independent p-bass pikup and jack fitted) kinda gave rise to the concept of having all those sounds on board 1 axe.
But friendship aside..what he has done to get all this into one circuit is amazing. He had a guy from sony spend months balancing the signal strengths with a patented system, and the active circuitry is amazing. It took me months to realize that i was using it like a screwdriver handle to belt a screw in! Its a very exact and sharp tool.
Now when i walk out live i know that with everything set flat to start with, i will always find a great sound for the venue and the equipment, and never get anywhere near to the guitars limits.
I havent been following the reviews but Martin tells me that they have been extremely positive and im not surprised. Theyre expensive but you get a hell of a lot of capability for the money.

I love my alembic, its battered and dented like perfect and the action is a dream. I met them Alembic people and theyre a f****n arrogant and snobby lot but i gotta admit they really make a great bass. Ive drilled holes in it...rubbed tattoo into it..routed it...and again.....it just gets better.

The schecter is just a no-nonsense straight down the line dirty little thing with a ballsy/nasty low boost. Tight and good.

Well...you did ask!

What do you play steve?