Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird (Epiphone) Goth Bass **SOLD**

auburnwarrior

Hi everyone ...

I have an Epiphone Thunderbird IV Goth bass for sale. It has a mahogany body and a bolt-on hard maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. The body is satin black and has an “XII” inlay at the 12th fret. 34 inch scale length, 1.5 inch nut width

I had the two “Thunderbird Plus” pickups replaced with two EMG 40DC’s. These are active pickups and GREATLY improve the overall sound of this bass. This was done by a professional guitar technician who also set up the bass within the last year.

I also had a new clear scratch plate made to replace the cheap looking black plate that came with the bass. However, I still have the original plate, which can be included if required.

The front strap nut has also been moved lower as the Thunderbird is notorious for neck diving, which helps compensate for this.

The only other modification I have made is to the back of the neck. Due to the fact this was lacquered you could not smoothly slide your hand up and down it (especially when you get a bit hot at a gig!) I therefore used fine sand paper to remove the top layer of lacquer.

I bought this bass as a project but have never liked the sound compared to my Ibanez. It has therefore been sat in my cupboard waiting for someone to appreciate the modifications I’ve made to it!

For those who love Thunderbirds and are looking for something a bit unique, look no further.

£300 ono

Cheers
Simon

[attachment=20757:DSC00415.JPG]
[attachment=20766:DSC00416.JPG]
[attachment=20770:DSC00417.JPG]
[attachment=20776:DSC00418.JPG]
[attachment=20780:DSC00419.JPG]
[attachment=20785:DSC00420.JPG]
[attachment=20788:DSC00421.JPG]
[attachment=20789:DSC00422.JPG]
[attachment=20790:DSC00423.JPG]